The Perfect Purr
102 Cat Poemsby Hugh O'Connell
About the Book
The ideal book for those who love cats and those who love poetry! 102 Cat Poems about brave cats, famous cats, clever cats, fantasy cats, working cats, funny cats, lucky cats, cunning cats, dangerous cats, nervous cats, talented cats, lost cats, fighting cats!
The anthology should appeal to a wide variety of readers from children to adults.
Most of the poems contain a humorous content and written in rhyming verse. The anthology also includes sonnets, limericks, ballads and poems in free verse.
The Perfect Purr presents the cat in all its amazing aspects and how it interacts with its owners and the world in which it lives - whether flat, shop, house, barn, village manor, orliving the life of a wild cat. It is a poetic tribute to the cat, the most enigmatic and charismatic of all domestic pets.
The 102 cat poems in The Perfect Purr, about the world's most popular pet, will amuse and amaze readers of all ages!
Cat SonnetSuch an independent mind
To bemuse, bewitch, bewilder, spellbind:
Winsome and Wary, Nimble and Naughty,
Curious and Charming, Sporty and Haughty.
Surpasses superior smiles,
Assesses us with wise, beguiling eyes.
Always faithful to feline law,
Whether providing peaceful purr or cruel claw.
Every cat a charismatic character,
From frolicking kitten to stalking spectre.
Cat behaviour, at times, so divine:
Onto our laps and into our hearts will climb.
Cats enhance everywhere
And tolerate us as we are.
- The Cat who was Awarded the Animal VC
- The Cat who supported Winston Churchill
- The Cat who fell from a skyscraper
- The Cat who Played the Piano
- The Scottish Wild Cat
- The Cat who Flew Half Way Round the World
- The Cat who Halted a President
- The Cat who Rescued an Abandoned Baby
- The Cat who Collected over 500 golf balls
- The Cat who Jinxed a Warship
- The Cat who stopped her Owner from Freezing
- The Cat who used a Rainbow for a slide
- The Cat who helped Catch a Serial Burgler
- The Cat whose Bad Behaviour Opera Covered
- The Cat who live in Pussy Cat Cottage, Moustrap Lane
Also read, ‘The Biggest Bark’ - 102 Dog poems by Hugh O’Connell (Trafford Publications)