The Biggest Bark
102 Dog Poemsby Hugh O'Connell
About the Book
The Biggest Bark is a celebration in verse to the dog, the greatest animal friend and servant to mankind. Many of the poems are based on true life dogs from all over the world from present day to ancient times.
The anthology is designed to appeal to a wide variety of readers from children to adults. The anthology presents poems written in a range of poetic forms including rhyming verse, sonnets, odes, limericks and ballads.
Dog SonnetMore than a pet, a loyal friend,
Whose affection has no end.
More than a friend, a guardian,
Who'll defend twenty-four seven.
More than a guard, a helping hand,
Who'll obey every command.
More than a helping hand, a servant,
Who fulfills whatever the need or want.
More than a servant, a partner,
Forever faithful to mistress or master.
More than a partner, becomes a part
Who's found in every owner’s heart.
More than a part, almost as one,
And like the moon will follow the sun.
- The First Fireman’s Dog of London
- Dog Man of the Imperial Court
- The Twelve Million Dollar Dog
- K9 Police Dogs from around the world
- The Dog who Sank a Barge
- The Most Intelligent Dog Breed
- Sam the Surfing Dog
- The Dog who protected the Crown Jewels
- Dog War Heroes
- The King’s Spaniel and the Poet
- The loyal dog revered by a nation
- The Costliest Dog in Britain
- Zebra, Zombie and Zonk !
- The Dog who found the World Cup
- Why Dogs have cold noses !
- The First Sniffer Dog of the Blitz
- The Dog who only Barked Once !
- The Dog who walked over 2,000 miles home
Also read, ‘The Perfect Purr’ - 102 Cat poems by Hugh O’Connell (Trafford Publications)